Terms and conditions
These conditions are a part of the rental agreement. the payment confirms the agreement
The renter is responsible for the entire camper and it’s condition with all it’s accessories and belongings for the entire rental period. This period starts at the moment of departure and ends at the return of the camper. It is obligatory for the renter to inform E.R.T. of all damages and flaws when they occur. Withholding information can imply full deduction of the security deposit.
E.R.T. is obligated to deliver the camper as follows:
- In time and according to legal requirements (APK /TUV/MOT; General Periodical Inspection);
- In good condition and complete with inventory and accessories;
- With the required documents, such as insurance and registration;
- With sufficient instructions;
The renter is obligated:
- To pay for the owing rent sum or cancellation fee, even if the renter does not use the camper, or uses it for a shorter period of time
- To use the camper only for camping intentions, make no alterations to the camper;
- To follow the instructions of E.R.T.
- Not to lend or rent the camper to others;
- To make sure that the camper will only be driven by the renter and the authorized second driver stated in the contract.
- The minimum age of all drivers is 25 years, the drivers must own a valid drivers license for three years or longer.
(for groups younger than 30 years old we charge a double security deposit of 2000 euro.)
- Costs that have a direct relation with using the camper, for example: fuel, oil, tires, repairing or replacing, fines, legal costs etc. are the responsibility of the renter.
- Necessary costs for normal maintenance and repairs are the responsibility of E.R.T..
- In case of mechanical defects, repairs or damages the renter must always contact E.R.T. by telephone +31 610009969 / +31 64042666 / +31 528344992. Costs for repairs that have been carried out without consulting E.R.T. will never lead to reimbursement.
- Repairs that have been carried out after approval of E.R.T. will only be reimbursed if the renter provides E.R.T. with the original specified invoices together with the replaced broken part(s). E.R.T. is discharged of any reimbursement if the invoices and/or replaced parts are not handed over. Reimbursement of invoices in foreign currencies will be done according to the exchange rate on the date of repair.
- Repairs, the fixing of flaws or expanding the inventory by the renter, without approval of E.R.T., will never, in any case, result in any reimbursement or compensation.
The booking is final after paying the required sum stated in the confirmation/invoice. Hereby the renter confirms that he has received and read the booking and general conditions of E.R.T. and that he agrees to them.
The renter must pay the complete rent sum or down payment stated in the invoice he has received.
The payment must be done as follows:
- Within 7 days after booking, the sum mentioned on the invoice including insurance and cancellation premiums must be paid to E.R.T..
- The remainder of the rent sum including the € 1.000,- / € 1500,- deposit must be paid ultimately six weeks before the start of the rental period.
- The payable amounts on the invoice must be available to E.R.T. on the mentioned dates.
- If the renter is neglectful in his payments E.R.T. can decide to hand over the invoice to a credit collector. Any resulting costs (legal and/or non-legal and interest costs) must be paid by the renter. At all times E.R.T. then holds the right to cancel the contract without any legal interference such as a judge.
- If the start date of the rental period lies eight weeks or less in the future, the total rent sum including premiums and deposit mentioned on the invoice must be paid to E.R.T. within 7 days after booking.
- Changes in the contract and/or general conditions are only valid if the renter and E.R.T. have agreed to this in writing.
- Renting a camper can only be done by the renter self.
- The completed booking form, contract general conditions are considered to form a whole. Damages caused by incorrect reproduction of facts and/or matters must be compensated entirely by the renter.
The renter has to cancel by registered letter. The date of mail delivery is considered as the date of cancellation. In case of a cancellation the renter owes:
- Till 10 wks prior to start date of rental period : 25% of the rent sum
- Till 6 wks prior to start date of rental period : 50% of the rent sum
- Till the start date of rental period : 90% of the rent sum
- On the start date of rental period : 100% of the rent sum
In all reason E.R.T. will attempt to rent out the camper for the same rental period or a part of it. If E.R.T. succeeds the cancellation fee will be decreased proportional, deducted with the administrative expenses of € 65,- and the extra costs.
Early return of the rented camper will never lead to a (partial) restitution of the rent sum.
To cover the risk of cancellation the renter must make a contract for a cancellation insurance with E.R.T.. Expedition of a claim will be done by the insurer. This does not dismiss the renter of his obligations stated in article 1 and 3. The cost of this insurance is 4% of the rental sum (incl. VAT) and € 6,- insurance policy costs.
- If one party fails to meet his obligations, the other party reserves the right to cancel the contract completely or partially. This right is not applicable if the shortcoming is of a very extraordinary sort or of a very small extent. Furthermore compensation of damages can be claimed, unless the shortcoming cannot be held against the other party.
- In case of complete or partial cancellation of the contract due to shortcoming of E.R.T., E.R.T. will reimburse the complete or partial rent sum. If the shortcoming concerns a non delivery of a specific camper, E.R.T. holds the right to provide a similar camper which at least meets the specifications of the original booked camper. Kind and color may differ.
- If the renter returns the camper late, E.R.T. is entitled to a compensation of € 230,- per overdue day or part of the overdue day. Also a 15% of the total rental sum as compensation and any other caused damages.
- Additional kilometers, on top of the kilometers that were included in the rental contract and agreed upon beforehand, will be charged according to the kilometer price stated in the contract.
- If the additional kilometers will add up to a 1000 kilometers or more, the renter must inform and pay Camperfun beforehand.
- In every case of loss, theft, seizure or damage the renter must always contact E.R.T. by telephone +31 64042666 or +31 528344992 as soon as possible. The renter must follow the instructions of E.R.T. at all times.
- The renter is responsible for the damage and the related transport and towing costs to a maximum of the damage weaver, unless the renter is not responsible.
- In case the camper is seized by a (local) government because of (suspected) illegal activity by the renter(such as drug trafficking), the renter must completely compensate E.R.T. for all damages suffered. This compensation can exceed the deposit. All costs, legal an non-legal, that have been made by E.R.T. due to the seizure of the camper must be paid by the renter.
- The damage weaver amounts € 750,- per damage. And a € 1000,- per overhead damage. If necessary the damage weaver will be deducted from the deposit.
- E.R.T. can never be held responsible for personal and/or material damage to the renter or histravel companions, caused by the use of the camper, a mechanical defect and/or a collision.
- E.R.T. is not required to account for the damage amount (After professional examination), Renter is allowed to do a contra- expertise, for his own cost.
- It is not allowed to attach anything to the camper this also applies to adhesives and stickers, apart from compulsory adhesives on the inside of the windscreen from authorities.
The camper is delivered as follows:
- Outside clean
- Inside clean
- Fuel tank filled
- Clean fridge
- Water tank empty
- Dirty water tank empty
- Toilet empty
- Clean toilet area
- Clean kitchen
- Smoking is not allowed and pets are also not allowed in the camper! € 500,- fine will be charged if these rules are violated.
- The camper must be returned in the same state as it was delivered to the renter by E.R.T.
- If the deposit proves to be insufficient for the payment of damages, compensations or costs, the renter must immediately hand over the remaining amount.
- Only written complaints will be handled